This week is BLOG WEEK… well for me anyways. I want to share with you MY favourite Parkinson-related blogs… and I’m going to start with some lovely ladies…
- Parkinson’s Humor by Bev Ribaudo - http://parkinsonshumor.blogspot.ca. Bev was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease at age 47. Her hilarious and insightful stories are now published “Parkinson’s Humor – Funny stories about my life with Parkinson’s Disease” available HERE (tweet her @YumBev).
- Shake, Rattle and Roll by Kate Kelsall - http://katekelsall.typepad.com. Kate Kelsall was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease at age 46 (1996). Now a shaky accordionist and aspiring writer, Kate’s writing is aimed at supporting and inspiring other people with Parkinson’s to continue activities, extend creativity and achieveness.
- Walking my Path with Parkinson’s by Marian - http://marian-pathwalk.blogspot.ca. Marian was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2006 and is currently walking the path of DBS… and taking us along with her!
- Most of Me Gallery by Robyn Levy - http://robynlevygallery.wordpress.com. Robyn is battling both breast cancer and Parkinson’s disease. She is a visual artist, broadcaster and writer… and overall great gal (tweet her @Robyn_mostofme). Her book, Most of Me (available here) is one of my favourite Parkinson’s lit (check out more on her book HERE and HERE)!
- Climbing for a Cause by Evvie Heillbrun- http://climbforparkinsons.blogspot.ca. Another breast cancer survivor and diagnosed with Parkinson’s, Evvie is documenting her daily challenges with Parkinson’s and her lead-up to her trek to Base Camp Everest (she leaves on October 6, 2013 for Katmandu, Nepal)! Go Evvie Go! (tweet her @Evvie6).
These are only a sampling of the inspirational ladies with Parkinson’s blogging out there! So, check these out and add them to your RSS feed and sign up for their updates via email!
BONUS BLOGGER: Terri Reinhart from Studio Foxhaven Parkinson’s and Dystonia Journal – http://studiofoxhoven.squarespace.com/parkjournal/. Terri’s creativity expresses itself as we follow her humorous writings about her path with Parkinson’s.
… AND did I miss any lovely bloggers ladies?? I’d love to know what Parkinson’s blogs you read! Let me know in the comments below. much love.